Personal Information Banks
Each Alberta government department has a public directory of personal information banks (PIBs).It lists the type of personal information held by a public body
- Title or name of the information bank
- Location of the information bank
- Type of personal information is contained in the information bank
- Categories of individuals the information pertains to
- Reason the information was collected and how it is used or disclosed
- Legal authority for the collection of the information
A PIB does not provide direct access to an individual’s records.
Directory of PIBs – January 25, 2012
For further information on how to obtain personal records, contact Jessica Fortin, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Coordinator for Alberta Culture and Tourism, at 780-641-9907.
Last reviewed/revised: March 12, 2015