The Community Initiatives Program (CIP) Operating Grants provide assistance to registered nonprofit organizations by:
- Delivering ongoing programs and services to the community
- Enhancing the organization's ability to operate
Operating and programming funding will be limited to one grant per organization in each government fiscal year (April 1 - March 31) from CIP.
Maximum Funding Available:
Full implementation 2018-19
More information about the grant is available in this video overview.
Electronic Funds Transfer – NEW
CIP Operating will now be providing electronic funds transfer (EFT) to successful applicants.
This new system is safe and efficient and allows organizations to have their grant funds deposited directly into their bank account in a timely manner.
As part of the application process, all applicants are now required to provide either:
- A pre-printed VOID cheque with the legal name of your organization. Please note that the name on the cheque must match your provincial or federal registration documents EXACTLY.
- A completed "Government of Alberta Application for Direct Deposit" form, which must be authorized by organization representatives and your financial institution by obtaining a "Bank Teller Stamp" and Financial Institution Officer's signature. This form can be accessed below.
Guidelines, Application, Final Report Forms and PDF Download Tips
PDF Download Tips
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience difficulty downloading/opening forms, try the following steps:
- Download the forms by right-clicking on the link to the form
- Select "Save Target As...", or "Save link as..."
- Save the form to your computer
- Open the form that you saved to your computer
- Download latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- “Save form as” to desktop (as above)
- Open Adobe Acrobat
- In Acrobat, click File, then Open, find the form on Desktop and double click
Download the Community Initiatives Program Guidelines
Completed Applications, Final Reports, other CIP-Operating forms, plus related attachments, may be emailed directly to email@example.com.
Last reviewed/revised: December 15, 2016