The Archaeological Survey Section administers the Archaeological Permit Management Systems that regulates archaeological projects and manages site information through maintenance of the Alberta Archaeological Sites Inventory.
Staff within the section:
- Evaluate proposed development projects and take measures to ensure proper investigation through Historic Resources Impact Assessments
- Conduct archaeological research projects
- Manage the information that results from impact assessments and research projects
- Assess the significance of archaeological sites, including those under consideration for designation as Provincial Historic Resources
- Work with communities and other stakeholders to increase awareness of archaeology in Alberta and to protect significant sites
For more information, contact the Archaeological Survey Section.
Last reviewed/revised: June 6, 2016