The Alberta Media Fund
The Alberta Media Fund (AMF) provides support to organizations and individuals involved in the Cultural Industries: screen-based media production, book & magazine publishing, and sound recordings.
Screen-Based Production Grant:
- Alberta Production Grant
- Alberta Project / Script Development Grant
- Export Market Development Grant
- Training and Mentorship Grant
Cultural Industries Grants
Applying for a Grant:
Returning applicants: All applications must be submitted online through the
online grant application system.
For new applicants: If you are a first time applicant, you will need to set up an applicant profile before you begin your application. To do this, please email registrationAMF@gov.ab.ca and include your first and last name, your company's name and a preferred email address. An AMF Grant Consultant will then contact you with your login credentials.
Once you have set up your profile, you may begin the application process through the online grant application system.
- Alberta Film: A branch of the Government of Alberta, Alberta Film supports Alberta's screen-based production industries through locations and logistics/scouting services; industry development; marketing, advertising and event management; and alignment with government.
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts: A crown agency of the Government of Alberta, the Alberta Foundation for the Arts (AFA) supports and contributes to the development of the arts in Alberta. The AFA is responsible for the distribution of grants, prizes, and competitions, as well as the acquisition, exhibition, and preservation of art. Administrative, consultative, and technical support is provided by the Ministry of Culture's Arts Branch.
- Who benefits from the Alberta Media Fund: The Alberta Media Fund receives funds annually from the Alberta Lottery fund. Search the grants recipients database for more information on who benefits from the Alberta Media Fund and the Alberta Lottery Fund.