Albertans engage in recreation programs that bring diverse groups together.
- Work with volunteer agencies to identify, recruit, nurture and recognize volunteers.
- Support evidence-based recreation, active living and sport leadership training opportunities.
- Reduce barriers to participation of populations that are often less active.
- Explore the feasibility of establishing a Centre of Excellence for recreation, community and quality of life.
What does success look like in ten years?
More Albertans, including previously less active populations, will:
Last reviewed/revised: March 9, 2015
- Enjoy the benefits from active living, recreation and sport.
- Apply improved leadership abilities within their communities.
- Volunteer in the active living, recreation, and sport sectors.