Active Pursuit of Excellence
Albertans are active; improving self-esteem, leadership, team skills and higher academic achievement
- Update the Alberta Sport Plan.
- Support coaching, volunteer and sport science systems.
- Support a coordinated, collaborative and accountable approach to hosting sporting events.
- Consistent with the Olympic Legacy MOU signed between the Alberta Government and the British Columbia Government, continue to develop
Olympic Legacy Utilization Strategies.
What does success look like in ten years?
Last reviewed/revised: March 9, 2015
- Alberta consistently ranks in the top four in Canada Games performance or medal points and in the number of nationally carded athletes.
- Alberta regularly hosts regional, national and international events.
- Community-level facility designs align with long term athlete development principles.
- Sport organizations at all levels collaborate to create athletic and volunteer opportunities and achieve common outcomes for sport in Alberta.
- Community, school and club sport systems collaboratively support athlete development opportunities.
- Integrate the principles of the Canadian Sport for Life Model into facility designs, programs, services and educational standards.