Regional Investment Services
To grow tourism in Alberta, we need investment in tourism accommodations, attractions, activities, amenities and services. The Tourism Division supports regional
investment in tourism by connecting tourism operators, municipalities, non-profits, investors and developers with the business information, financial networks and
regulatory processes needed to expand, upgrade or build new tourism opportunities.
- Navigate the regulatory and permitting processes for tourism development. For more information, download the
Tourism Development Guide
- Assess tourism development opportunities and business plans. For steps on how to prepare a business plan for a tourism business, download the
Tourism Business Planning Guide
- Identify potential financing sources and government programs for capital construction and operations. For more information, download the
Tourism Funding Sources Guide
- Assist private investors seeking access to public land through the
Alberta Tourism and Recreational Leasing
The ATRL process handles unsolicited tourism and commercial recreation development proposals.
- Identify tourism development opportunities by conducting Investment Opportunity Assessments for regional destinations.
For more information, contact the Destination Management Branch.
Last reviewed/revised: March 9, 2015